Christopher Dunn has been practicing law for over twenty-four years, and has been with DeCaro, Doran, Siciliano, Gallagher & DeBlasis, LLP since it opened its doors in 1993. He became a partner in 1994, and has managed the insurance defense litigation practice group for the past 18 years.
In 2011, Mr. Dunn was elected as a Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers. This select membership is the highest honor bestowed on a trial lawyer and is conferred on less than one percent of all trial lawyers in the nation who have mastered the art of advocacy and whose professional careers have been marked by the highest standards of ethical conduct, professionalism, civility, and collegiality. In 2012, Mr. Dunn was appointed to the Maryland Court of Appeals Rules Committee. In this role, Mr. Dunn, along with judges and attorneys throughout the state of Maryland, assist the Court of Appeals in development and drafting of procedural rules governing all aspects of litigation in the Maryland court system. Mr. Dunn was also named Maryland Super Lawyer in the years 2008 through 2013, and Washington D.C. Super Lawyer in 2009 through 2013.
A significant portion of Mr. Dunn’s practice is focused in complex civil litigation including personal injury and premises liability litigation. He also has an extensive appellate practice, and has successfully represented a number of clients before the Court of Special Appeals, and Court of Appeals.
Mr. Dunn is licensed to practice in both state and federal courts in Maryland and the District of Columbia. He is an active member of the Maryland State Bar and Prince George’s County Bar, and is also associated with the District of Columbia Bar, Federal Trial Bar, and Anne Arundel County Bar Association. He has served on and has chaired a number of committees in these organizations, and from 2000-2001 served as President of the Prince George’s County Bar Association, where he earned the reputation as an innovative leader. Additionally, Mr. Dunn has served on the Judicial Nominating Committee from 1994 through 2007 and two terms on the Maryland State Bar Association Board of Directors. Mr. Dunn is regularly asked by clients and colleagues to serve on panels, lecture, and present seminars in the areas of general liability claims, litigation and claims management, and risk management.
As a Prince George’s County native, he has a deep-rooted interest in serving his community. Mr. Dunn was responsible for the introduction of and served on the Board of Directors of the Citizenship Law-Related Education Program for the Schools of Maryland, or Law Links. The Law Links program teams law firms and minority and low income students by inviting students to work as paid interns in law firms and government agencies for an eight week period each summer. Mr. Dunn was also instrumental in establishing the firm’s “adoption” of a local elementary school, to which the attorneys and staff provide food and funds to deserving families during the holidays.
Chris Dunn graduated from Villanova University with honors in 1984, with a B.A. in History and Political Science, and earned his J.D. from the University of Baltimore School of Law in 1987. He served a judicial clerkship with the Honorable Albert T. Blackwell, Jr., Court of Appeals of Maryland, before entering private practice in 1988 with our firm’s predecessor O’Malley, Miles.
Admitted to Practice
- 1987, Maryland
- 1989, District of Columbia
- 1989, United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- 1989, United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- 1989, United States District Cout for the District of Columbia
- 1989, United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers (2011)
- Maryland Court of Appeals Rules Committee (2012)
- Federal Court Disciplinary and Admissions Committee (2012)
- Maryland Super Lawyer (2007-2012)
- Washington, D.C. Super Lawyer (2008-2012)
- President, Prince George's County Bar Association (2000-2001)
- Judicial Nomination Commission Prince George's County (1994-2007)
- Character Committee, Fouth Appellate Circuit of Maryland (2011)
- Board of Directors, Prince George's County Bar Association (1991-2002)
- Past President 2001-2002
- President-Elect 1999-2000
- Secretary 1997-1998
- Treasurer 1998-1999
- Board of Governors, Maryland State Bar Association (1995-1997) and (2001-2002)
- Board of Directors, Inns of Court, Prince George's County Chapter (1996-1999)
- Board of Directors, Prince George's County Mental Health Association (1991-1993)
- Chairperson, Young Lawyers Section of the Prince George's County Bar Association (1991-1993)
- Board of Directors, Citizenship Law-Related Education Program for the Schools of Maryland (1995-1997)
- Law Forum, Assistant Editor, A.T.L.A., National Moot Court Team Honor Court Prosecutor, University of Baltimore School of Law
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Prince George's County Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Thomas Moore Society