General Negligence (trials and appeals), Insurance Defense, Toxic Tort Litigation, Products Liability Litigation, Insurance Coverage Litigation, Appellate Advocacy
Charles E. Gallagher, Jr. is a founding partner of DeCaro, Doran, Siciliano, Gallagher & DeBlasis, LLP, and serves as the firm's Deputy Managing Partner, and supervising partner of the Virginia office.
Born in Washington, D.C. in 1957, he was raised in Alexandria, Virginia, and resides there with his wife and four children. He attended the University of Notre Dame, where he earned a B.A., with high honors in Economics, and obtained his J.D. from the University of Notre Dame School of Law in 1982. He has been in private practice since 1982.
Mr. Gallagher is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. His areas of expertise include general negligence, insurance defense and insurance coverage, products liability, and toxic tort litigation. He also has an extensive appellate practice. He is frequently invited by the Virginia State Bar to lecture for Virginia's Continuing Legal Education Program. In 2011, he was named to Washingtonian Magazine's list of "Best Civil Defense Attorneys" in Northern Virginia.
As a life-long resident of Virginia, he is deeply involved in his community, where he has served as President of the Mount Vernon Homeowner's Association, and Saint Louis Church Ushers Organization.
Admitted to Practice
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., with high honors, 1979)
- University of Notre Dame ( J.D., 1982)
- 1982, District of Columbia
- 1983, Maryland
- 1988, Virginia
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia
- United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia
- United States Supreme Court
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Alexandria Bar Association
- Fairfax County Bar Association
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Prince George's County Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association, Section of Litigation
- American Bar Association
- The District of Columbia Bar
- Federal Trial Bar
- Maryland Association of Defense Counsel
- Court Appointed Neutral Case Evaluator for Fairfax County Virginia Circuit Court
- Frequent Lecturer for Virginia Continuing Legal Education Programs approved by the Virginia State Bar