Jeffrey R. DeCaro has practiced law since 1980, and is one of the founding partners of DeCaro, Doran, Siciliano, Gallagher & DeBlasis, LLP. He is barred in the state and federal courts in Maryland, Virginia, and District of Columbia, and his practice is concentrated in the areas of Insurance Defense, both at the trial and appellate levels, Employment Litigation,Construction Litigation, with a special emphasis in Products Liability Law, and Commercial/Contract Litigation.
Born in San Francisco, California, in 1955, he spent most of his childhood in Maryland, and attended the University of Pennsylvania. After graduating from the University of Pennsylvania, cum laude, in 1977, with a B.A. in Political Science, he entered the University of Maryland School of Law. He obtained his juris doctorate in 1980, and entered private practice.
Mr. DeCaro is an active member of various Bar Associations including Prince George's County, Montgomery County, Anne Arundel County, Maryland State Bar, District of Columbia Bar, and Virginia Bar, and has served as a speaker for the Maryland Association of Defense Trial Counsel, MICPEL, Montgomery-Prince George's Continuing Legal Education Institute, Inc., the Doctor/Lawyer Partnership Program, and the Virginia State Claims Association.
Mr. DeCaro is also deeply committed to his community, where he served as the President of the Shipley's Choice Homeowners Association for eight years, the Executive Committee of the University of Maryland Law School Alumni Association, Soccer Commissioner of the Greater Severna Park Athletic Association, and is now a member of GSPAA Board of Directors. For the past four years, he has served as the Commissioner of the Prince George's County Bar Association Softball and Basketball Leagues, and has raised more than $20,000.00, for the benefit of the Carol Jean Cancer Foundation, Inc., during the Association’s annual softball tournaments.
Admitted to Practice
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., cum laude, 1977)
- University of Maryland (J.D. 1980)
- 1980, Maryland
- 1981, District of Columbia
- 1993, Virginia
- Prince George's County Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association, Section of Litigation American Bar Association
- The District of Columbia Bar
- Federal Trial Bar United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- Maryland Bar Foundation
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Maryland Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- President - Board of Directors, Shipley's Choice Homeowner's Association (1986 - 1995)
- Executive Committee, University of Maryland Law School Alumni Association (1990-1991)
- Maryland Association of Defense Trial Counsel, in conjunction with MICPEL
- Montgomery-Prince George's Continuing Legal Education Institute, Inc.
- Doctor/Lawyer Partnership Program
- Virginia State Claims Association
- Program Chair Maryland Association of Defense Trial Counsel, (1986-88)
- Maryland State Bar Association Sub-Committee on Judicial Evaluation Inquiry Committee
- Attorney Grievance Commission of Maryland