Medical Malpractice, Health Care Law, Toxic Tort Defense, Premises Liability, Insurance Defense, Products Liability Law, Insurance Coverage Litigation
Thomas Doran is one of the founding partners of DeCaro, Doran, Siciliano, Gallagher & DeBlasis, LLP., and has served as Managing Partner since its inception.
Born in 1956, in Washington, D.C., Mr. Doran graduated from the University of Maryland, magna cum laude, with high honors in Economics, in 1978, and obtained his juris doctorate from the University of Maryland School of Law in 1982. Following a judicial clerkship with the Honorable Kenneth K. Hall, United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, he entered private practice.
Mr. Doran is barred in Maryland and the District of Columbia and regularly appears before the state and federal courts in those jurisdictions. Additionally, he has represented clients before the United States Court of Appeals and Health Claims Arbitration and Physicians Quality Assurance Board. As a senior partner, Mr. Doran has well over 25 years of experience in handling complex civil litigation. Presently, his practice is concentrated in the areas of medical malpractice, toxic tort, and general liability litigation. He also serves as a mediator and arbitrator in alternative dispute resolution matters.
In addition to his responsibilities as the Managing Partner, he also serves as the Hiring Partner and manages the firm’s Summer Associate Program. The firm’s Summer Associate Program has become so successful that area law schools seek out the firm’s participation in their career development programs and job fairs.
Mr. Doran is also an active member of his community, volunteering his skills and expertise as a football and softball coach for the Davidsonville Boys & Girls Club.
Admitted to Practice
- 1983, Maryland
- 1983, District of Columbia
- 1983, U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- 1983, U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- 1983, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit and District of Columbia Circuit
- University of Maryland (B.A., magna cum laude, with high honors in Economics, 1978; J.D., 1982)
- University of Maryland Graduate School of Economics Phi Beta Kappa Phi Kappa Phi
- Assistant Editor, Maryland Law Review, 1979-1981
- Law Clerk to Honorable Kenneth K. Hall, United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit, 1982
- Prince George's County Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association, Section of Litigation
- American Bar Association
- The District of Columbia Bar
- Federal Trial Bar
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Defense Research Institute
- Maryland Association of Defense
- Trial Counsel Washington Claims Association