Richard A. Yeagley
Richard (Dick) Yeagley has been of counsel to DeCaro, Doran, Siciliano, Gallagher & DeBlasis, LLP since 2006. He has been practicing law for more than 30 years. Prior to joining DeCaro, Doran, Siciliano, Gallagher & DeBlasis, LLP, he was a partner with the law firm of Siciliano, Ellis, Dyer & Boccarosse for 18 years.
Mr. Yeagley was born in Washington, D.C. in 1955, and attended the University of Virginia. He graduated cum laude in 1977, with a B.A. in Economics, and earned his juris doctorate from Washington & Lee University School of Law in 1980. Following law school, he served as Senior Law Clerk to the Honorable James C. Cacheris, of the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia. Thereafter, he entered into private practice. He is admitted to the bars of Virginia and the District of Columbia, and regularly practices in the state and federal courts in both jurisdictions.
Dick Yeagley is assigned to the Virginia Litigation Practice group, and his office is located in Fairfax, Virginia. Presently, his practice is concentrated in insurance defense personal injury and product liability, insurance coverage litigation, and appellate advocacy.
For the past several years, based on his legal expertise, Mr. Yeagley has been named as one of "Washington's Best Lawyers" in Washingtonian Magazine and as a "Top Lawyer" in Northern Virginia Magazine.
He lives in Loudoun County with his wife, Kathleen, and daughter, Alexa.
- Fairfax County Bar Association
U.S. COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE FOURTH CIRCUIT
- USAA Cas. Ins. Co. v. Hertz Corp., 265 Va. 450, 578 S.E.2d 775 (2003).
- USAA Cas. Ins. Co. v. Hensley, 251 Va. 177, 465 S.E.2d 791 (1996).
- First Virginia Banks, Inc. v. McNeil, 8 Va. App. 342, 381 S.E.2d 357 (1989).
- El-Meswari v. Washington Gas Light Co., 785F.2d 483 (4th Cir 1986).
- Tort Litigation (trials and appeals)
- Insurance Defense
- Product Liability
- Insurance Coverage Litigation
- Appellate Advocacy
- University of Virginia (B.A., cum laude, Economics, 1977)
- Washington & Lee University School of Law (J.D., 1980)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable James C. Cacheris, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
Admitted to practice
- 1980, Virginia
- 1986, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit