Anne Marie McGinley
Anne Marie McGinley joined the firm as an associate attorney in 1995, and became a partner in 2006. Anne Marie is admitted to practice law in Maryland, District of Columbia, and Pennsylvania.
Ms. McGinley was born in Honesdale, Pennsylvania in 1962, and graduated cum laude from the University of Scranton in 1984, with a B.S. in Public Administration. She served as a law clerk to the Honorable Robert J. Conway, Court of Common Pleas, in Honesdale, Pennsylvania in 1985, and, subsequently, obtained her J.D. from Catholic University in Washington, D.C. in 1987.
Ms. McGinley is a member of the Litigation practice group, and her practice is concentrated in the areas of medical malpractice and general liability litigation. Ms. McGinley represents individual healthcare providers before the Maryland Board of Physicians, The Maryland Board of Dental Examiners, the Maryland Board of Nursing, and the District of Columbia Dental Board. She also serves as the Editor of the firm’s quarterly newsletter “Litigation in Brief.”
- General Liability
- Medical Malpractice and Healthcare Defense
- University of Scranton (B.S., cum laude, Public Administration, 1984)
- Catholic University of America (J.D., 1987)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Robert J. Conway, Court of Common Pleas, Honesdale, Pennsylvania (1985)
- 1988, Pennsylvania
- 1988, Maryland
- 1990, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
- The American Society for Healthcare Risk Management of the American Hospital Association
- Member, Character Committee, Maryland State Board of Law Examiners (2012 to present)
- Nance v. Gordon, 210 Md. App. 26, 62 A.3d 185 (2013).
- Debbas v. Nelson, 389 Md. 364, 885 A.2d 802 (2005).
- Norris v. Ross Stores, Inc., 159 Md. App. 323, 859 A.2d 266 (2004).