Gerald W. Ueckermann, Jr.
Gerald W. Ueckermann, Jr. joined the firm in 2013 and became a Partner in 2019. He is assigned to the Commercial Litigation and Employment Law practice group where he primarily handles insurance defense personal injury litigation and insurance coverage. He is an experienced trial attorney who has been admitted to the Maryland, Virginia and New Jersey Bars and practices before the District and Circuit Courts of Maryland, as well as the courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Born in August 1959, Mr. Ueckermann was raised in Atlantic City, New Jersey and subsequently moved to Maryland in 1993. He attended Susquehanna University where he graduated magna cum laude with a B.A. in History in 1982, and obtained his juris doctorate from Rutgers University in 1985.
Prior to joining DeCaro Doran, his legal experience included a judicial clerkship in the New Jersey Superior Court and, thereafter, as an associate with Greenblatt & Rosenburger in Vineland, New Jersey. After relocating to Maryland, he was associated with O’Malley, Miles, Nylen & Gilmore from 1993 to 2004 and, most recently, Schmidt, Dailey & O’Neill from 2005 to 2013.
Jerry lives in Columbia, Maryland with his wife and two children. His hobbies include running.
- General Liability
- Insurance Coverage
- Motor Vehicle, Trucking and Transportation
- Shopkeeper/Premises & Dram Shop Liability
- Susquehanna University (B.A., History, magna cum laude, 1982)
- Rutgers University School of Law (J.D., 1985)
- 1992, Maryland
- 1996, Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Maryland Defense Counsel
- Callahan v. Bowers, 131 Md. App. 163, 748 A.2d 499 (2000), vacated, 359 Md. 395; 754 A.2d 388 (2000).
- In re Vineland Chemical Co., 243 N.J. Super. 285 (App Div. 1990).
U.S. COURT OF APPEALS FOR THE FOURTH CIRCUIT
- Assicurazioni Generali, S.p.A. v. Neil, 160 F.3d 997 (4th Cir. 1998).