Jeffrey R. DeCaro
Jeffrey R. DeCaro has practiced law since 1980, and is one of the founding partners of DeCaro, Doran, Siciliano, Gallagher & DeBlasis, LLP. He is barred in the state and federal courts in Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia, and his practice is concentrated in the areas of insurance defense, both at the trial and appellate levels, employment litigation, construction litigation, commercial/contract litigation, and product liability litigation, with a special emphasis in medical device and pharmaceutical liability litigation.
Born in San Francisco, California, in 1955, he spent most of his childhood in Maryland, and attended the University of Pennsylvania. After graduating from the University of Pennsylvania, cum laude, in 1977 with a B.A. in Political Science, he entered the University of Maryland School of Law. He obtained his juris doctorate in 1980, and entered private practice.
Mr. DeCaro is an active member of various Bar Associations including Prince George’s County, Maryland State Bar, District of Columbia Bar, and Virginia Bar, and has served as a speaker for the Maryland Association of Defense Trial Counsel, Montgomery-Prince George’s Continuing Legal Education Institute, Inc., the Doctor/Lawyer Partnership Program, and the Virginia State Claims Association.
Mr. DeCaro is also deeply committed to his community, where he served as the President of the Shipley’s Choice Homeowners Association for eight years, a member of the Executive Committee of the University of Maryland Law School Alumni Association, Soccer Commissioner of the Greater Severna Park Athletic Association, a member of GSPAA Board of Directors, and has been a Board member of the Tennis Alliance of Anne Arundel County since its inception in 2013. He is currently the President of the Trumbull Estates Home Association, and has served in that capacity since 2015.
For the past twenty years, he has served as the Commissioner of the Prince George’s County Bar Association Softball and Basketball Leagues, and has raised more than $30,000 for the benefit of the Carol Jean Cancer Foundation, Inc. and The Children’s Inn at NIH during the Association’s annual softball tournaments.
- Construction Defect Litigation
- Labor & Employment Law
- Medical Device Litigation
- Motor Vehicle, Trucking and Transportation
- Product Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Toxic and Environmental Tort
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., cum laude, Political Science, 1977)
- University of Maryland (J.D. 1980)
- 1980, Maryland
- 1981, District of Columbia
- 1993, Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Section of Litigation American Bar Association
- The District of Columbia Bar
- Federal Trial Bar United States District Court for the District of Maryland
- Maryland Bar Foundation
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Maryland Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- President – Board of Directors, Shipley’s Choice Homeowner’s Association (1986 – 1995)
- President, Turnbull Estates Homeowner’s Association (2016 to Present)
- Board Member, Tennis Alliance of Anne Arundel County
- Board Member, Greater Severna Park Athletic Association
- Themis Advocates Group
- Maryland Association of Defense Trial Counsel, in conjunction with MICPEL
- Montgomery-Prince George’s Continuing Legal Education Institute, Inc.
- Doctor/Lawyer Partnership Program
- Virginia State Claims Association
- Program Chair, Maryland Association of Defense Trial Counsel, (1986-1988)
- Maryland State Bar Association Sub-Committee on Judicial Evaluation
- Attorney Grievance Commission of Maryland (1993-1996)
- Pro Bono Panel Member – Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service
- Batte v. APG, Inc., 385 Md. 258, 867 A.2d 1119 (2005).
- Davidson v. Microsoft Corp., 143 Md. App. 43, 792 A.2d 336 (2002).
- Black v. Leatherwood Motor Coach Corp., 92 Md. App. 27, 606 A.2d 295 (1992).
- Baublitz v. Henz, 73 Md. App. 538, 535 A.2d 497 (1988).
- Schrier v. Beltway Alarm Co., 73 Md. App. 281, 533 A.2d 1316 (1987).
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
- Hawkins v. W.R. Berkley Corp., 889 A.2d 290 (D.C. 2005).
- Hechinger Co. v. Johnson, 761 A.2d 15 (D.C. 2000).
- MCI Worldcom Network Servs. v. OSP Consultants, 266 Va. 389, 585 S.E.2d 540 (2003), aff’d by 78 Fed. Appx. 876 (4th Cir. 2003).