Melissa H. Ryan
Melissa Ryan recently joined the law firm as an Associate Attorney assigned to the Fairfax, Virginia office.
She is a native of Northern Virginia where she completed her undergraduate studies at George Mason University. She graduated summa cum laude in 2012 with a B.S. in Criminology, Law and Society and a Minor in Sociology. While at George Mason, she earned the honor of Outstanding Undergraduate Student and was a Golden Key International Honour Society Member. Subsequently, she earned her J.D. from William & Mary Law School in 2016. While at William & Mary, she served as a Summer Law Clerk to the Honorable Constance H. Frogale, Chief Judge of the Alexandria Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court, and co-authored the published paper “Gender, Race, and Inequality in Higher Education: An Intersectional Analysis of Faulty-Student Undergraduate Research Pairs at a Diverse University” 22 (3-4) Race, Gender & Class 7 (2015).
Prior to joining DeCaro Doran, Melissa was an attorney for GEICO Staff Counsel where she gained significant litigation and trial experience.
Melissa resides with her husband in Fairfax, Virginia.
- Insurance Defense Litigation
- George Mason University (B.S. summa cum laude, Criminology, Law and Society; Sociology, Minor, 2012)
- William & Mary Law School (J.D., 2016)
- Summer Law Clerk to the Honorable Constance H. Frogale, Chief Judge, District Court of Alexandria (2015)
- 2016, Virginia
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Fairfax County Bar Association