Nancy J. Goodiel
Of CounselPhone: 703.352.5175
Nancy J. Goodiel joined DeCaro Doran as Of Counsel in 2019. She was born in Queens, NY and has been a native of Northern Virginia since 1972.
Nancy graduated cum laude from the University of Richmond with a B.A. In Political Science and thereafter spent a semester at Emanuel College in the United Kingdom studying International Law. She earned her juris doctorate in 1987 from T.C. Williams School of Law, and has been practicing for more than thirty years. Most recently, Nancy served as house counsel for Nationwide in their Fairfax, Virginia location and prior to joining Nationwide, she did defense work in the private sector at Brault, Palmer, Grove, Zimmerman, White & Mims in the District of Columbia, and Whitestone, Phillips, Brent, Young & Merril, in Fairfax.
Nancy’s practice is concentrated in Insurance Defense, Personal Injury, and Product Liability. She is barred in Virginia and the District of Columbia and regularly defends her clients in the state and federal courts in those jurisdictions.
A wife and mother of three, Nancy still finds time in her busy schedule to indulge in her passion for tennis and serve her community. She has been a Floris Mentor to Hutchinson Elementary School since 2014. As a mentor, Nancy serves as a role model, motivator and advocate for young children by providing them with the tools and support to succeed academically and encouraging them to reach their full potential.
- Examinations Under Oath
- General Liability
- Motor Vehicle, Trucking and Transportation
- University of Richmond (B.S. cum laude, Political Science, 1984)
- Emanuel College, (Cambridge, United Kingdom; International Law, 1985)
- T.C. Williams School of Law (J.D., 1987)
- 1987, Virginia
- 1990, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia