Rebecca K. Schisler-Adams
Rebecca Schisler-Adams recently joined DeCaro Doran as an Associate Attorney assigned to the L1 Litigation Practice Group. She was admitted to the Maryland Bar in 2020. Her practice is focused on insurance defense and criminal defense.
Rebecca grew up in Talbot County, Maryland and attended Saints Peter and Paul High School. She then attended Mount St. Mary’s University in Emmitsburg, Maryland where she graduated magna cum laude in 2017 with a B.A. in Philosophy and Sociology. Rebecca obtained her J.D. from the Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law in 2020 where she graduated cum laude. While at CUA Law, Rebecca served as an editor of the Catholic University Law Review and received the Student Scholar Series Award for her article, “Shortcomings of the Clean Water Act and Potential for Progress in the Chesapeake Bay.”
Her previous legal experience includes a judicial clerkship with the Honorable Mark W. Crooks of the Circuit Court for Anne Arundel County, Maryland. While in law school, Rebecca completed a judicial externship with the Honorable Rudolph Contreras of the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. She also interned for the Maryland Office of the Public Defender and GEICO’s General Counsel.
During the school year, Rebecca volunteers as a Mock Trial Coach for St. Mary’s High School in Annapolis, Maryland.
Rebecca and her husband currently reside in Ferndale, Maryland with their dog, Casper.
- Criminal Defense
- General Liability
- Mount St. Mary’s University (B.A., magna cum laude, Philosophy and Sociology, 2017)
- Catholic University of America (J.D., cum laude, 2020)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Mark W. Crooks, Anne Arundel County Circuit Court (2020-2021)
- 2020, Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers