Steven R. Migdal
Of CounselPhone: 301.352.4950
Steven R. Migdal has been a practicing attorney since 1974, and recently joined the firm as of counsel. He is barred in Maryland and the District of Columbia and maintains an active practice concentrating in Civil Litigation and Insurance Defense.
Steve was born in New York City and attended the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia, where he obtained a B.A. in Political Science in 1971. He earned his juris doctorate in 1974 from American University Law School. At American, he ranked in the top 7% of his class, was a member of the Law Review, Dean’s Fellowship, and the Law School Council. Following law school he held a judicial clerkship with The Honorable Morris Turk, Circuit Court of Maryland for Anne Arundel County.
Following his clerkship with Judge Turk, Steve went into private practice as an associate with the law firm of Manis, Wilkinson, Snider & Goldsborough (the predecessor firm to Snider, Buck, Migdal & Myers and Buck, Migdal & Myers). Prior to joining DeCaro Doran, he was a senior partner in the law firm of Buck, Migdal & Cuches, Chartered, in Annapolis, Maryland. Steve has litigated approximately 150 jury trial and 75 appeals.
In addition to his law practice, Steve is an Adjunct Professor at Washington College in Chestertown, Maryland, where he teaches “Legal Environment of Business.” Prior to that, he was an Adjunct Professor at Anne Arundel Community College, Paralegal Studies Department, where he taught courses in Introduction to Law, Legal Writing, and Criminal Law.
Outside of the practice of law, he is an avid photographer, watercolor artist, tennis player, and theatre buff.
- General Liability
- Insurance Coverage
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., Political Science, 1971)
- American University Law School (J.D., 1974)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Morris Turk, Anne Arundel County Circuit Court (1975-1976)
- 1974, Maryland
- 1975, District of Columbia
- United States Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- Maryland State Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Committees on Torts and Insurance Practice Litigation)
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association