Alan R. Siciliano
Of CounselPhone: 301.352.4950
Alan Siciliano practiced law for mare than 40 years before his retirement in 2015, and was one of the founding partners of DeCaro, Doran, Siciliano, Gallagher & DeBlasis, LLP.
Born in 1946, in Washington, D.C., he attended Canisius College in Buffalo, New York, where he obtained a B.S. in Economics, in May 1969. After serving in the United States Army for two years, including a tour in Vietnam, he returned to Washington, D.C., and entered the Catholic University of America Columbus School of Law. He was a member of the Catholic University Law Review, and earned his juris doctorate in 1975. Mr. Siciliano served as judicial law clerk to The Honorable John J.Mitchell, Chief Judge of the Circuit Court of Montgomery County, Maryland before entering private practice.
Mr. Siciliano’s areas of expertise included medical and professional malpractice, insurance defense, premises liability, workers’ compensation, civil litigation, common carrier litigation, and insurance coverage law, with special emphasis in the defense of catastrophic personal injury actions. Mr. Siciliano is admitted to practice in all three area jurisdictions, Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia.
He currently resides with his wife, Jane, in Vero Beach, Florida.
- Insurance Defense
- Professional Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Workers’ Compensation
- Common Carrier Litigation
- Insurance Coverage Law (with special emphasis in the defense of Catastrophic Personal Injury Actions)
- Canisius College (B.S., Economics, 1969)
- Catholic University of America (J.D., 1975)
- Catholic University Law Review
- Law Clerk to the Honorable John J. Mitchell, Chief Judge of the Circuit Court of Montgomery County, Maryland (1976-1977)
- 1976, Maryland
- 1977, District of Columbia
- 1993, Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- MarylandState Bar Association
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
- The District of Columbia Bar
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Federal Trial Bar
- Maryland Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- Life Fellow Maryland Bar Foundation
- Speaker: Maryland Association of Defense Trial Counsel, in conjunction with MICPEL
- Arbitrator: American Arbitration Association, Prince George’s County, and Montgomery County
- Ross v. Agurs, 214 Md. App. 152, 75 A.3d 1022 (2013).
- Cont’l Cas. Co. v. Kemper Ins. Co., 173 Md. App. 542, 920 A.2d 66 (2007).
- Smith v. Borello, 370 Md. 227, 804 A.2d 1151 (2002).
- Butler-Tulio v. Scroggins, 139 Md. App. 122, 774 A.2d 1209 (2001).
- Universal Underwriters Ins. Co. v. Lowe, 135 Md. App. 122, 761 A.2d 997 (2000).
- Gillespie-Linton v. Miles, 58 Md. App. 484, 473 A.2d 947 (1984).
- Rountree v. Lerner Development Co., 52 Md. App. 281, 447 A.2d 902 (1982), abrogated in part by, Thomas v. Panco Mgmt. of Md., LLC, 195 Md. App. 245, 6 A.3d 304 (2010).
- Teddy-Rose Enterprises, Inc. v. Hartford Fire Ins. Co., 48 Md. App. 466, 427 A.2d 1081 (1981).
- American Home Assurance Co. v. Osbourn, 47 Md. App. 73, 422 A.2d 8 (1980).
- Bishop v. Holy Cross Hosp., 44 Md. App. 688, 410 A.2d 630 (1980).
- First Nat’l Bank v. Fidelity & Deposit Co., 283 Md. 228, 389 A.2d 359 (1978).
- Mehlman v. Powell, 281 Md. 269, 378 A.2d 1121 (1977).
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
- Aikman v. Kanda, 975 A.2d 152 (D.C. 2009).
- Hailey v. Otis Elevator Co., 636 A.2d 426 (D.C. 1994).
- Crane v. Carr, 814 F.2d 758, 259 U.S. App. D.C. 229 (D.C. Cir. 1987).
- Otis Elevator Co. v. Henderson, 514 A.2d 784 (D.C. 1986).
- Cole, Raywid & Braverman v. Quadrangle Development Corp., 444 A.2d 969 (D.C. 1982).
- Di Nicola v. George Hyman Constr. Co., 407 A.2d 670 (D.C. 1979).
- Harmon v. Sadjadi, 273 Va. 184, 639 S.E.2d 294 (2007).