Charles E. Gallagher, Jr.
Charles E. Gallagher, Jr. is a founding partner of DeCaro, Doran, Siciliano, Gallagher & DeBlasis, LLP, and serves as the supervising partner of the firm’s Virginia office.
Born in Washington, D.C., Chuck was raised in Alexandria, Virginia, and resides there with his wife and four children. He attended the University of Notre Dame, where he earned a B.A., with high honors in Economics, and obtained his J.D. from the University of Notre Dame School of Law in 1982. Chuck has over thirty-five years of experience in handling complex civil litigation.
Chuck oversees the firm’s practice in Virginia. The firm has a very active practice in Northern Virginia, and also regularly handles cases in the Fredericksburg and Richmond areas, as well as Tidewater, Shenandoah Valley, and southwest Virginia, including Roanoke.
Chuck is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. His areas of expertise include general negligence, insurance defense and insurance coverage, product liability, and personal injury litigation. He is frequently invited by the Virginia State Bar to lecture for Virginia’s Continuing Legal Education Program. From 2011 to the present Chuck was named to Washingtonian Magazine’s list of “Best Civil Defense Attorneys” in Northern Virginia.
As a life-long resident of Virginia, he is deeply involved in his community, where he serves as President of the Mount Vernon Homeowner’s Association and Saint Louis Church Ushers Organization. Chuck and his wife, Pam, served on the Saint Mary’s College, (Notre Dame, IN) Parents Council as advisors to the college president. They are active in the local clubs for Saint Mary’s College and Notre Dame in the Greater Washington, D.C. area.
- Examinations Under Oath
- General Liability
- Insurance Coverage
- Motor Vehicle, Trucking and Transportation
- Shopkeeper/Premises & Dram Shop Liability
- Product Liability
- University of Notre Dame (B.A., Economics, with high honors, 1979)
- University of Notre Dame ( J.D., 1982)
- 1982, District of Columbia
- 1983, Maryland
- 1988, Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Alexandria Bar Association
- Fairfax County Bar Association
- Virginia Association of Defense Attorneys
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association, Section of Litigation
- American Bar Association
- The District of Columbia Bar
- Federal Trial Bar
- Maryland Association of Defense Counsel
- Court Appointed Neutral Case Evaluator for Fairfax County Virginia Circuit Court
- Frequent Lecturer for Virginia Continuing Legal Education Programs approved by the Virginia State Bar
- Oaks v. Connors, 339 Md. 24, 660 A.2d 423 (1995).
- Lathroum v. Potomac Electric Power Co., 309 Md. 445, 524 A.2d 1228 (1987).
- Hines v. Potomac Electric Power Co., 305 Md. 369, 504 A.2d 632 (1986).
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority v. Bullock, 68 Md. App. 20, 509 A.2d 1217 (1986).
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
- District of Columbia v. Owens-Corning Fiberglas Corp., 572 A.2d 394 (D.C. 1989).
- Doe v. Binker, 492 A.2d 857 (D.C. 1985).
VIRGINIA – Circuit Court Decisions
- Aquilar v. Diaz, CL-77242, Circuit Court of Loudoun County, Virginia, 2014 Va. Cir.LEXIS 6, February 10, 2014, Decided
- Xinic v. Quick, Law No. 2004-226030, Circuit Court of Fairfax County, Virginia, 69 Va. Cir. 295; 2005 Va. Cir. LEXIS 266, November 14, 2005, Decided
- MacDougall v. Hartford Ins. Group, Law No. 197637, Circuit Court of Fairfax County, Virginia, 61 Va. Cir. 181; 2003 Cir. LEXIS 25, February 19, 2003, Decided. Related proceeding at MacDougall v. Hartford Ins. Group, 2003 Va. Cir. LEXIS 24, 61 Va. Cir. 181 (2003)
- Board of Directors, Water’s Edge, Condominium Unit Owner’s Assoc. v. Anden Group, Civ. A. No. 89-1063-A, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, Alexandria Division, 136 F.R.D. 100; 1991 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 3990, March 28, 1991
- Board of Directors, Water’s Edge v. Anden Group, Civ. A. No. 89-1063-A, United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia, Alexandria Division, 135 F.R.D. 129; 1991 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 1866, February 14, 1991