James S. Liskow
James Liskow became associated with the firm in May of 2007, and became a partner in January 2015. He is assigned to the Commercial Litigation and Employment Law practice group. He is barred in Maryland, the District of Columbia, Virginia, and New Jersey. Mr. Liskow has litigated and tried cases in the state and federal courts throughout Maryland, D.C. and Virginia.
Mr. Liskow was born in 1980 in New York, New York. He attended York College of Pennsylvania, where he obtained a B.A. in English (with a concentration in Writing) in 2002, and earned his J.D. from The Dickinson School of Law at Pennsylvania State University in 2005. At Dickinson, he was awarded the Dean’s Scholarship and CALI Excellence for the Future Award, and was a Miller Center Public Interest Advocate.
Prior to joining DeCaro, Doran, Mr. Liskow served as a law clerk to the Maryland Office of the Public Defender, in Baltimore, Maryland, and was an associate with Wesker & Whittaker, P.C., in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
Mr. Liskow is a member of the Maryland State Bar Association, Prince George’s County Bar Association, and the Paca-Brent American Inns of Court.
Mr. Liskow has been named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine from 2014 to 2019.
- Construction Defect Litigation
- General Liability
- Insurance Coverage
- Labor & Employment Law
- Medical Device Litigation
- Motor Vehicle, Trucking and Transportation
- Shopkeeper/Premises & Dram Shop Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Property Claims
- Toxic and Environmental Tort
- York College of Pennsylvania (B.A., English, with concentration in Writing, 2002)
- The Dickinson School of Law at Pennsylvania State University (J.D., 2005)
- Law Clerk, Maryland Office of the Public Defender, Baltimore, Maryland (2005-2006)
- 2005, Maryland
- 2006, District of Columbia
- 2007, New Jersey
- 2008, Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
- Anne Arundel County Bar Association
- American Inns of Court
- Alston v. Wright, 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 168250 (2013)
- Williams v. Home Properties, L.P., 2013 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 181818 (D. Md. 2013)
- Samuels v. Two Farms, Inc., 114 Fair Empl. Prac. Cas. (BNA) 555,2012 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 9771 (D. Md. 2012)
- Ball v. S.M. Jackson & Associates, LLC, 2011 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 86594 (D. Md. 2011)
- TIG Insurance Company v. Fireman’s Insurance Company, 718 F. Supp. 2d (D.D.C. 2010)
- Langdon v. Lesser Fin. Enters., (In re Langdon), 2009 Bankr. LEXIS 451 (Bankr. Md. 2009)
- Letellier v. Shopco U T Ass’n, 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 103083 (D. Md. 2009)
- Bright v. Warehouse Services, No. 00622, Sept. Term, 2015, Court of Special Appeals (unreported).