Matthew J. Gannett
Matthew J. Gannett joined DeCaro Doran in 2016 as an Associate Attorney assigned to the Litigation Practice Group. He was admitted to the Maryland Bar in 2013, and to the District of Columbia Bar in 2019. His practice is focused on complex civil litigation and liability defense litigation.
Matt attended The University of Maryland, where he graduated in 2010 with a B.A. in Government and Politics. At The University of Maryland, he was a member of the Mock Trial Team, and earned academic distinction as a member of Phi Beta Kappa. He obtained his J.D. in 2013 from the University of Baltimore School of Law where he graduated summa cum laude.
His previous legal experience includes a judicial clerkship with the Honorable Sean D. Wallace of the Circuit Court for Prince George’s County, Maryland. While still in law school, Matt worked as a summer law clerk with a defense firm and prior to joining DeCaro Doran, was an Associate for two years with a defense firm in Baltimore, Maryland, where he focused his practice in liability defense litigation.
Matt currently resides in Crofton, Maryland with his wife and four children.
- Construction Defect Litigation
- General Liability
- Insurance Coverage
- Motor Vehicle, Trucking and Transportation
- Product Liability
- Property Claims
- Shopkeeper/Premises & Dram Shop Liability
- The University of Maryland (B.A., Government & Politics, 2010), Phi Beta Kappa
- University of Baltimore School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2013)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Sean D. Wallace, Prince George’s County Circuit Court (2013-2014)
- 2013, Maryland
- 2019, District of Columbia
- Prince George’s County Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association