Samuel J DeBlasis, II
Samuel J. DeBlasis, II is a founding partner of DeCaro, Doran, Siciliano, Gallagher & DeBlasis, LLP, and currently serves as the practice group leader for the Commercial and Employment Litigation practice group. He is admitted to practice in Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Mr. DeBlasis was born in Washington, D.C., and was raised in Prince George’s County, Maryland where his father, Samuel J. DeBlasis, was a member of the Maryland judiciary. He attended the University of Arizona, graduating with a B.S. in Business Administration and Finance, in 1979, and earned his juris doctorate from the University of Dayton, in 1982. Prior to entering private practice, he held a judicial clerkship with the Honorable William H. McCullough, Prince George’s County Circuit Court.
Mr. DeBlasis’ practice is concentrated in defense litigation, including commercial and general civil litigation, employment law, workers’ compensation, personal injury and tort law. Additionally, he has an extensive estates and trusts and probate administration practice.
Mr. DeBlasis was an Associate Professor at the University of Maryland, University College Graduate School from 1991 to 2001, where he taught issues related to Labor Law and Constitutional Law.
- Business Law & Commercial Transaction
- General Liability
- Insurance Coverage
- Labor & Employment Law
- Wills & Estates
- Worker’s Compensation
- University of Arizona (B.S., Business Administration and Finance, 1979)
- University of Dayton (J.D., 1982)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable William H. McCullough, Prince George’s County Circuit Court (1982-1983)
- 1982, Maryland
- 1983, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit
- American Bar Association
- Maryland State Bar Association
- AV Preeminent Rated – Martindale Hubbel
- Maryland State Bar Association, Board of Governors (1998-2000)
- Prince George’s County Bar Association, Board of Directors (1993-2000)
- Secretary (1994-1995)
- Treasurer (1995-1996)
- President-Elect (1996-1997)
- President (1997-1998)
- Former President to Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity Order of the Barrister (1982)
- Task Force on Civil Litigation Costs (2000)
- ADR Commission Regional Advisory Board (1998-2000)
- Associate Professor, University of Maryland University College Graduate School (1991-2001)